Are you a producer in Victoria?
Committed to sustainability?
Passionate about the long-term prosperity of the agricultural sector?
Farmers for Climate Action invites leading farmers and other producers to apply to join a new Climate-Smart Agriculture Fellowship in Victoria.
We're looking for people with the potential to change the game, shape opinion and policy, and help agriculture and rural communities manage climate risks and prosper in a low-carbon world.
We'll give 20 Fellows the training, as well as ongoing support and encouragement, to promote climate-smart agriculture.
The CSA Fellowship kicks off with a three-day masterclass in Seymour, 19–22 February 2018.
The masterclass gives CSA Fellows the chance to:
- Strengthen their grasp on climate science and policy, and discuss what these mean for agriculture and rural communities in Victoria.
- Explore examples of cutting-edge mitigation and agricultural adaptation strategies, supporting farmers and rural communities to deal with climate change risk and uncertainty, and take up opportunities.
- Learn from and talk directly to leading researchers, thinkers, and practitioners—as well as each other.
- Develop skills in media and communications, advocacy, community organising, and project planning.
- Become part of a new, mutually supportive Fellowship that will grow in years to come.
Applications to the Masterclass close 5:00 p.m., Friday, 15 December 2017.
FCA will cover the costs of attendance, but places are limited to 20.
Want to know more? Know someone who might be interested? Keen to apply?
More information, including selection criteria, can be found here.
Drop us a note or call 0428 000 037 if you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you.
FCA Victorian Coordinator