From the back paddock to parliament, everyone’s talking about climate change. What does it mean for agriculture? What are the risks? What can farmers do?
Managing climate risk is now core business, with the future of farming, good food, tens of thousands of livelihoods, and whole communities at stake.
Join producers and industry leaders—as well as scientific, legal, financial, health, market, and technology experts—to better understand the risks, how to manage them, and how agriculture can be climate smart.
Admission: $35 (includes lunch, and morning and afternoon tea)
- Prof Tim Reeves, The University of Melbourne, Dookie Campus
- Dr Lynette Bettio, Bureau of Meteorology
- Sarah Barker, Minter Ellison
- Wendy Cameron MW, Consultant Winemaker
- Prof Mark Howden, Australian National University
- Lucinda Corrigan, Farmers for Climate Action
Also hear from Victorian & NSW primary producers, as well as speakers from CSIRO, Agriculture Victoria, the University of Melbourne, Insurance Australia Group, Australian Carbon Traders, Deakin University, the Australian Psychological Society, Meridian Agriculture, RMIT, the Birchip Cropping Group, and the North-East Catchment Management Authority.
- Australia's role in global food security in a changing climate
- Financial, insurance and legal risks
- Assisting farmer health and community wellbeing
- Climate-smart farm planning and thinking
- Managing carbon in the landscape
- Transitioning your farm business in a low-carbon world
- Resources for clean energy on the farm
- Adaptation strategies for agriculture
- Strategies to reduce emissions and raise productivity
- Mainstreaming climate risk management in agribusiness
For further information call 0428 000 037, email email@example.com
Please note: We're aware that some people have had trouble purchasing tickets. Please ensure cookies are enabled on your browser. If you're still stuck, please either try again later or just send RSVP by email. Thanks for your patience!
Proudly supported by:
- Farmers for Climate Action (assisted by the Lord Mayor's Charitable Foundation and the William Buckland Foundation)
- North-East Catchment Management Authority
- Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Goulburn Broken Greenhouse Alliance
- Ovens Landcare Network Inc.
- Gecko CLaN (Broken Catchment Landcare Network)
- Greta Valley Landcare Group
- Indigo Shire Council
Beechworth , Victoria 3747
Google map and directions